Workshop at IIR Conference ICR2019 on 24th – 30th August 2019 in Montréal.
- Onno Kleefkens MSc., Phetradico, Netherlands: Introduction to the Annex 46
- Prof. Kiyoshi Saito, Waseda University, Japan: History and latest trends of domestic hot water heat pump technologies
- Prof Emilio Navarro Peris, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain: Evaluation of different heat pump systems for sanitary hot water production using natural refrigerants.
- Dr. Pavel Makhnatch, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden: Easy LCCP analysis for Domestic Hot Water Heat Pumps.
- Dr. Kashif Nawaz, Oak Ridge National Laboratory: The roadmap of refrigerants for heat pump water heating- Challenges and Opportunities.
- Prof. Pedro G. Vicente Quiles, Universidad Miguel Hernández, Spain: Heat Pumps supported by Photovoltaics for Sanitary Hot Water Production
- Prof. Neil Hewitt, Ulster University, UK: Advanced vapour compression and/or sorption heat pumps with minimum compact thermal storage for DHW.
- Dr. Cordin Arpagaus, OST – Ostschweizer Fachhochschule Buchs, Switzerland, Review of modelling methodologies for Domestic Hot Water Heat Pumps
At the IIR Conference a number of papers have been presented on Heat Pump Water Heaters.
- Design of a system to produce domestic hot water based on a water to water heat pump booster – Estefania HERVAS-BLASCO(a), Emilio NAVARRO-PERIS(a), Jose M. CORBERÁN(a), Instituto Universitario de Investigación en Ingeniería Energética, Universitat Politècnica de Valencia, Valencia,
- Performance evaluation on heat pump water heater with drop in refrigerant R1234yf and condenser size modification Ce SHI(a), Pega HRNJAK(a)(b); (a) Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana; (b) Creative Thermal Solutions, Inc.,
- Multi-objective optimization of water tank of carbon dioxide heat pump water heater based on improved nondominated sorting genetic algorithm; Yingjie XU(a), Enteng LI(a)*, Yuangong HUANG(b), Xiaohong HAN(c), Qin WANG(c), Guangming CHEN(c); (a) Institute of Process Equipment and Control Engineering, Zhejiang University of Technology, (b) Zhejiang Zhenglishengneng Co. Ltd., Wenzhou, China; (c) Institute of Refrigeration and cryogenics, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
- New Tap Water Heat Pump using Propane Refrigerant; Per Henrik Pedersen(a), Asbjørn Vonsild(b); (a)Danish Technological Institute; (b)Vonsild Consulting.
- Performance Analysis on Developed EVI Air Source Heat Pump with Seasonal Heat Demand; Ming Jun HUANGa, Yan Jun Daib, Nikhilkumar SHAHa, Christopher WILSONa, Neil J.HEWITTa; A Ulster University, Centre for Sustainable Technologies; B School of Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, 200240, China.
- Performance of ground source heat pump that uses direct expansion method for supplying hot water; Ryoichi NISHIZAWA(a), Tetsuaki TAKEDA(b), Shuhei ISHIGURO(a),Yuki MARUMO(a); (a) University of Yamanashi, Integrated Graduate School of Medicine, Engineering, and Agricultural Sciences, 4-3-11 Takeda, Kofu, Yamanashi, 400-8511, Japan; (b) University of Yamanashi, Graduate School of Engineering 4-3-11 Takeda, Kofu, Yamanashi, 400-8511, Japan.