The first presentation at the Workshop was by mr Kenji Matsuda, General Manager of the Engineering Department within the Japan Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Industry Association (JRAIA).
The presentations were:
- Trend of Legislations and Conversion for Refrigerants – Kenji Matsuda – JRAIA The Japan Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Industry Association
- Overview on Activities of Annex 46 in South Korea – Jeonsik Seo – Korea Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Assessment Center – (KRAAC)
- Research and Development Efforts in North America – Kashif Nawaz – Oakridge Laboratories (USA)
- R&D Overview Switzerland – Daniel Gstöhl – NTB Interstaatliche Hochschule für Technik Buchs (CH)
- French report on R&D on DHW Heat Pumps – Mihai Radulescu – EDF (F)
- R&D for Heat Pumps in Netherlands – Onno Kleefkens – Phetradico (NL)
After the workshop the Annex participants discussed the strategy on how to proceed with the work. There was a general understanding that there are big regional differences in markets and the tradition on hot water use in the domestic sector.
After the Workshop the start was made for a Working Meeting and next day an excursion was held to visit the to the project of Tokyo Toshi Service Company at Harumi Island Triton Square. This being a large area project with district heating and a storage system for a number of high rise office buildings. A presentation by Tokyo Toshi Service Company was given.